I Carracci Restaurant
For Fine Dining in Bologna Trafoodel recommends ” I Carracci restaurant ” one of the most graceful and stylish in the city for its outstanding food and intimate atmosphere. Housed in the aelaborate hall of the ‘500, whose ceiling is entirely dedicated to the frescoes of the school of the Carracci brothers, or in the original “Morandi wine cellar “ a five-star luxury wine cellar to test the new menu created specifically to enhance the traditions of the cuisine.
The service is superb, from the maitre d’ on down to the waiters. Everyone is gracious, helpful, charming, and attentive. The room itself is elegant and the remarkable 15th-century frescoes on the ceiling make the space unique and beautiful.
The food definitely matches the surroundings, dishes to taste include, the tagliatelle Bolognese; green lasagna; green pea appetizer with caviar and seafood; linguine with porcini mushrooms; veal Bolognese; grilled chicken with vegetables, and numerous others. The amuse bouches were also delicious, as were the desserts and complimentary petit fours. Truly memorable and not to be missed when in Bologna.
• Braised reef octopus with lemon scented black Taggia olives, pistachios, Bologna potato and ginger cream
• Beef tenderloin and foie gras with seasonal vegetables
• Bologna-Zibello-Parma-Reggio Emilia The excellence of Italian charcuterie
• Beetroot soup with marinated white turnip in raspberries vinegar and crunchy black rice
Pasta and Soups
• Tortello egg pasta filled with Sicilian cod and potatoes, tomatoes, black olives and Cetara anchovies pressed juice
• Chunky “spaghettoni” in parmesan cheese 24 months, red prawns, bisque, bread crumble and tomato dust
• Carnaroli Monferrato risotto with our garden tomato water, burrata cheese and basil sprouts
• Handmade tagliatelle with bolognese sauce
• Its majesty tortellini: – with parmesan cream, porcini mushrooms dust and black olive crumbles – in double capon broth
• Roasted pork belly with forest fruit jelly, mustard seeds, stewed leek and cucumber
• Codfish slice, cherry tomatoes crudaiola, fioroni capers and Taggia olives
• Mazara red king prawns, zucchini and apple sour mint, fresh spinach sauce and “lemoncedro” Gin and Tonic
• Aubergine roulade with provolone cheese from Monaco and “primosale” scamorza cheese, tomato and mint fondue and sauté chicory
• Veal cutlet Bolognese style with Parma ham,creamy parmesan sauce, “friggione” and sautéed potatoes
Imagination and Sensation
• Six blind courses by Executive Chef Claudio Sordi with surprise dessert from the kitchen